A wet basement is a problem that no homeowner wants to experience. Usually, they've dreadfully called us to schedule a free inspection to put the problem at ease, after trying home remedies that have failed. I'm sure you're wondering what a wet basement will end up costing you, so I'm here to tell you.
When homeowners first experience water in their basement, they usually try to fix the issue themselves. If they can do it themselves, they think that they have fixed the problem, until it rains again. It's a never-ending cycle.
Items you will need to temporarily fix your wet basement problem:
- Heavy Duty Plastic Totes- $11 each (These protect your special belongings or important files you can't afford to get wet and ruined)
- Shopvac- $60 (You can use this to vacuum incoming and standing water in your basement)
- Fan- $20 (Used to help dry the space)
- Plastic Shelving- $20 (Used to get items off the floor in hopes of them not getting ruined)
All of these items total $111 of money you definitely didn't want to spend, and they don't provide a definite solution to your problem. What about the issues that money can't buy, but are present when you have a wet basement?
- Memories. After you originally noticed water in your basement, you probably collected all of your valuables and put them in a safe place. What about the stuff you weren't able to get to? Were there old scrapbooks, photo albums, or important paperwork that got ruined?
- Worry. Are the countless hours that are spent away from your home while you're at work or out of town worrying about if your basement is being affected by the rain outside really worth it? There is a solution at your fingertips.
- Time. As we know, time is money. Being in your basement 24/7 is the only way to truly know when water is coming in. When the water does come in, you'll have to use your Shopvac to clean it up. Is being down there all the time worth it?
- Sanity. At this point, you've definitely lost sleep over your basement. Being paranoid about the 'what if's' is a side effect that comes with a wet basement. Unfortunately, this feeling won't go away until you have a permanent solution.
The cost of doing nothing:
- Property Value decreasing- Over time, you will end up paying for the work, so why not do it now so you can enjoy it?
- Pay more later- The problem will get worse over time, so why not do it now?
- You still have a cold, damp, nasty basement- Don't you want a space to enjoy with friends and family? Why not fix it now?
Committing to fixing issues in your home can be very scary, but Healthy Spaces is here to help. If you're in the area of Evansville, Vincennes, Santa Clause, Sheperdsville, or Madisonville, we offer free estimates upon inspection to put your mind at ease. We also offer a service team that can be contacted outside of office hours to ensure peace of mind.