The owners of this home in Sebree, Kentucky came to Healthy Spaces with the complaint that their living room smelled musty, old, and constantly dirty. Clearly, this is not the most pleasant smell to have in your home. The living room was built over a basement used for storing old belongings they no longer used, which was the culprit of the smell. Design Specialist, Damon Cheatham, was sent to perform an inspection and discuss options with the homeowners.
In the ceiling of this basement, there was mold growth due to moisture in the space. Mold thrives in dark, moist environments where organic materials are present. This is the reason why basements and crawl spaces are perfect places for mold to grow. In this basement, we did a mold remediation treatment so the family had a clean and safe space below them.
Mold is one of a homeowner's worst fears because it damages property, causes illness, makes a basement smell like a basement, and too often makes the whole house smell like the basement. If you have a mold problem caused by water or moisture in your basement or crawl space, Healthy Spaces offers proven waterproofing, moisture control, and mold treatment solutions. Call for your free estimate today.