Basement Waterproofing Case Studies: Wet Basement in Maceo, KY
Homeowner Phillip D. from Maceo, KY would worry every time it rained because water would always leak into his basement. He always had to have a plan together such as turning the dehumidifier and fans on, but ultimately he'd have to wait until it stopped raining to see the damage. What made this even worse, was that his basement was carpet and the water intruding would leave a musty smell because it was molding. Water had been leaking into his basement for several years but had recently noticed the puddles on the carpet growing larger every time it rained. After searching the web, Phillip found Healthy Spaces and decided to give us a call.
Our Design Specialist, Chris Russell, was sent out to Phillips home to complete a thorough inspection of his basement. The waterproofing system that will be installed is called a WaterGuard system. The key to this waterproofing system is that it has an opening to drain water from the walls. It is engineered specifically to be an efficient, long-lasting interior perimeter basement system. It sits on top of the footing of the basement, instead of alongside it which allows for water to drain to the sump pump.
Since Phillip's new system has been installed, he has been able to enjoy his extra square footage in his basement without the worry of it ever being wet from the rain. He is very satisfied with the products our Design Specialist helped him pick and can definitely say that he isn't worried about a wet basement anymore!
Water leaking in and saturating the carpet happened often when it would rain.
Not only does wet carpet not look very good, it is also a good place for mold to grow.
The carpet was ripped up and the crew is starting the install.
WaterGuard is being installed here. Once it is finished, concrete will be poured on top of it. It will capture water from the walls and floor and drain away to the sump.
These EverLast wall panels are made with no paint, drywall, or wood to get ruined if it ever gets wet.
These panels also have nothing for mold to grow on which is important for the health and safety of your home and family.